Is it just us or does egg being wrapped in sausage meat and spiced dough have an irresistible deliciousness about it?
We are almost certain we aren’t in this alone. There’s just something about kids and scotch egg, maybe it’s the mystery in discovering the proteinous goodness all wrapped up, but they certainly enjoy their scotch egg. While we are focused on making sure we bring you healthy snack recipes, we also do our best to make sure these recipes are fun and exciting. With that said, we present to you, a delicious scotch egg recipe for kids, thank us later!
- Half a dozen hard boiled egg.
- 400g minced sausage meat
- 1 teaspoon stock powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 120 bread crumbs
- 60g plain flour
- 2 raw eggs beaten for coating
- Vegetable oil, enough for a deep fryer
- Place the minced sausage meat into a bowl then add the stock powder, pepper and salt.
- Mix ingredients and sausage thoroughly.
- Roll the hard boiled egg on the flour
- Take a morsel and flatten it out on your palm.
- Place the egg on the flattened meat on your other palm.
- Roll the meat over the egg until the egg is completely covered with the sausage meat.
- Then deep the meat covered egg into the raw egg, covering the entire egg.
- Next, put the meat-covered-egg into the bowl with the breadcrumbs and roll the egg in it, until it’s entirely covered in breadcrumbs.
- Repeat this process with the other eggs.
- When that’s done, heat up the vegetable oil on medium heat and fry the scotch egg till they turn golden.
- Line a sieve with paper towels as this help absorb some of the oil, then transfer the friend scotch eggs to lined sieve
- Serve with a glass of Nunu milk.
If you found this recipe really helpful, you will definitely enjoy our Chocolate Pancake Recipe